A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions.
Website The Military Wallet keeps an updated list of deals throughout the country on this website: http://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/
Here's what's being offered in the area.
- Applebee’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Denny’s—free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12 2012: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Outback Steakhouse—free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes until Nov. 11, 2012: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID.
- 7-Eleven—free Slurpee, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
Brown Bear Car Wash: The local chain offers free “Bear Essential” tunnel washes to current or former members of the military on Veteran’s Day, November 11. Go to their announcement on Sammamish-Issaquah Patch to learn more about the offer.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10 percent military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including November 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: To celebrate Veterans Day, the store is offering 20 percent off a purchase when guests present a valid military ID.
- Amazon.com—free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor”: Available at Amazon on Veterans Day. Download the album (album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Sports Authority—15 percent off all purchases: All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15 percent off your entire purchase on Nov. 11, 2012. Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special offer.
Woodland Park Zoo is extending free admission to all active, veteran and retired U.S. military personneland their spouses with valid service ID on Veteran’s Day, November 11. Up to four accompanying family members with valid ID will receive $5 off regular zoo admission. Current military, veterans and their families already get a military discount off regular price admission -- $5 off each zoo admission purchased the gate with military ID.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free addmission to all on Veterans Day.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.