It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: 6-9 p.m. Friday, April 13, at.
- Why Go: Join the artEAST Art Center for the Art of the Garden event. Local artists will be on site with their garden-themed works. All the art for sale is certified to be pesticide free, locally grown and guaranteed to make a perfect addition to your home garden.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 14, at.
- Why Go: Celebrate National Poetry Month by learning to write and appreciate Haiku poetry with Michael Dylan Welch, vice president of the Haiku Society of America. This event is sponsored by the Sammamish Arts Commission and is co-hosted by Sammamish Walks.
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 14-15, at the .
- Why Go: The Stray Threads Quilt Guild is holding its second quilt show titled "Hollywood Encore" this weekend. The quilt show will showcase its members’ many quilting talents from large to small quilt sizes and styles as well as a small vendor mall and a boutique containing items made by Stray Threads members.
- Cost: Admission is $7.
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m. Sunday, April 15, at .
- Why Go: Come out and participate in Captain Jack's 8k Treasure Run & Walk. Each participant gets to take a trip to the Treasure Chest where they’ll be giving away more than $10,000 in prizes! That includes one-hour massages from Massage Envy and running shoes from Everyday Athlete!
- Cost: Registration is $40.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. Saturday, April 14, at.
- Why Go: Join Rick Steves and his merry band of tour guides for a day filled with free one-hour slide show presentations on Europe's top tour destinations for 2012. You'll get a vivid preview of where each of the tours takes you, and meet expert guides.
- Cost: Free, but space is limited and registration is required.
- Where/When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 14-15, at in Woodinville.
- Why Go: Stop by and gather bountiful ideas for things you can do now to ensure baskets full of homegrown delights in the months ahead. Check out our for details on all the free seminars and workshops going on this weekend.
- Cost: Free.