As a marketer, you are constantly striving to create engaging marketing content and it is difficult and time consuming. Between researching your audience, honing your target and keeping your editorial up-to-date, it is easy for the voice of your marketing campaign to get lost while you’re working hard to prepare your marketing assets.
In today’s landscape, engaging online content and its ability to be shared quickly is of the utmost importance when it comes to reaching your customers. What does this mean?
- Real-time information matters now more than ever
- Audience interactions can take place anytime, anyplace
- Actionable metrics are now playing a critical role and are expected in measuring campaign success.
To address these trends in the current marketing environment, here are 6 basic ingredients you need to create engaging marketing content for your audience to take action:
- A story that is engaging. It should contain a great opening, a drama and a morale based ending.
- A personality that brings wit, fun and emotion to your story.
- A vivid imagery & video to make it real and compelling so your audience can remember the story
- An application of your story so your audience can relate and implement the morale in their daily lives.
- Add social virality to the story so it can spread through sharing.
- Provide a simple and clear call you to action.
As a marketer, I am always looking for tools that can help me create engaging marketing content easily. The best part is we always have presentations, videos and documents however it is very hard to mashup these content to create engaging content. I recently found an application called 9Slides. They really have a solution that help marketers like us to integrate video, presentation and social capabilities to develop engaging content in minutes. I would recommend you download the eBook and get a head start to create your engaging content by reusing your existing assets.
Let me know how do you create engaging marketing content in your current role?