Happy New Year! Here's what you need to know to get around on Tuesday.
If you are traveling on New Year's Day, check out the Washington State Department of Transportation web pages to plan your route. Be sure to check traffic and weather conditions along Interstate 90 at Snoqualmie Pass, US 2 at Stevens Pass, Interstate 5 near the U.S./Canadian border and I-5 between Olympia and Tacoma.
Here is a list of what’s open and what's closed:
- Garbage Pickup (Waste Management, CleanScapes, and Allied Waste): your service will be delayed one day this week if your collection day falls on Tuesday or later.
- United States Postal Service: closed Tuesday, Jan. 1. No mail delivery that day.
- Sammamish Library and Issaquah Library: All King County libraries will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 1. Libraries will be open Wednesday, but catalog, databases & eBooks will be temporarily unavailable due to scheduled updates beginning at 9:15 pm on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- Sammamish City Hall and Issaquah City Hall: Closed Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- Schools: Both Lake Washington and Issaquah school districts are on winter break through Tuesday. Classes resume Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- Shopping: Most local grocery and retail stores are open on Jan. 1
- Banks: Most banks will observe the holiday Jan. 1. Check your local branch for holiday hours.