I've been spending some quality time with the Sammamish-Issaquah Patch Events Calendar today, and WOW is this an active place we live in! We've got the coming up, , school kids putting on and , and so much more!
There are things happening all over Issaquah and Sammamish every day, and even though I want to, it's impossible for one person to know about all of them. You can help make this site a better representation of what's going on in the community by adding the events you know about to our calendar—for free.
Our event calendar is great for things such as fundraisers, classes, garage sales, shows, concerts—anything where you would need to know the when and where. It's not so great for things such as advertising or promoting your business.
So for our Sammamish friends, we bring you a refresher, and for our newest Issaquah Patchers, we invite you to help us show off all the great events in and around our cities.
The video above explains how it works, and it's incredibly easy with our user-friendly platform.
Here's a step-by-step:
- Log in to Patch. You can log in and register by clicking on Sign Up or Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on "Events" on the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the Events page, click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title.
- Choose a date, starting time and end time. If your event repeats, check the box that says "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event."
- Under "Where," type in an address or the name of a location. If adding an address, include the city so the site knows where to place the event. Once you have a location, click on that location to save it.
- Fill out a description for your event. Tell us why we should be there and what to expect at the event.
- If you'd like to add photos, videos or a flier, click "Choose files to upload." You can upload JPGs, PNGs, PDFs and multiple types of videos. (Hint, if you add a photo or flier, your event will really 'pop' on the calendar page.)
- Choose a category and fill out all the relevant information, such as who the event is best for, the price, a contact number or email address, website, etc. Think about what you would want to know if you were planning to go an event.
- Click "Post My Event."
- Tell all your friends how easy it was!
If you have trouble posting an event or have questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org