"Kindergarten...What is it all about?"
On January 8th at 6:30 p.m., Kristine Meyer, Director of Sammamish Hills Preschool, will present a parent education night about kindergarten. If you have a child entering kindergarten in the fall of 2013-2014, or you are thinking about a pre-k year, this is a night for you to get answers about what kindergarten is all about! We will discuss:
• Key ideas about kindergarten readiness
• A kindergarten teacher’s wish list
• Summer birthdays: wait a year or send your child to kindergarten?
• Half day vs. full day kindergarten
• Kindergarten readiness checklist
• LWSD/ISD standards and report cards