Why should Redmond have all the undead fun? If you're a fan of "Thriller" or just ready to get your freak on (in a community way, of course), head to the Historic Shell Station on Front Street in downtown Issaquah on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 2:30 p.m. for some expert help putting on make up and getting zombiefied for a terrifyingly fun walk down Front Street to the Issaquah Library. Or just come watch the fun!
Here are this year's details, from Issaquah Zombie Walk:
- Beer and wine sales at Historic Shell Station. (pending city approval). Get together with your friends and neighbors will putting on your makeup beginning at 2:30pm. Zombie walk at 4:30. Thriller Dance at 5pm in front of Issaquah Library.
- Hired experienced make-up artist to assist with people who bring their makeup. If you want special make-up, blood, bullet holes, etc, then you’ll have to bring it. Also bring your own costumes.
- We are working on permit to close the intersection in front of Issaquah Library so our Thrilling Dance can be even more spectacular.
- Several local bars and restaurants will have drink specials.
- Invite all your friends and family. Show up early and stay late.
- The last free dance rehearsal is this Friday, Oct. 26 at Blue Dog Dance Studio, 12642 164th Ave SE, Renton.
The group's goal is to at least double the size of the last year’s Zombie Walk, which drew about 60 undead. The Zombie Walk is suitable for all who want to have a great time and a fun experience with their family, kids, and friends.
Rules? darn….. well, the organizers say the group got into a little trouble last year, with a few Zombies getting a little too invested in the part.
Basic rules: a) don’t touch/lay on or lay in front of any cars. b) be respectful of little ones inside of cars driving with their parents, they might be unsuspecting and frightened. c) generally stay out of the way of moving cars. e) have as much fun as possible!
If you become an awesome Zombie for the event, be sure to enter a photo of your costume in Patch's Halloween Costume Contest. You could win up to $5,000.
--Information from Issaquah Zombie Walk