Ed. Note: This post is a news release from WSDOT.
Drivers need to be prepared for nightly closures on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass next week for rock blasting starting at 6:30 p.m. Extended closures of two or more hours are planned Monday, Aug. 26 and Wednesday, Aug. 28 and a one hour closure is planned for Tuesday, Aug. 27.
During the extended closures, the Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews plan to close I-90 in both directions eastbound at Gold Creek and westbound at Easton. During the one hour closure, crews will close the pass eastbound at Gold Creek and westbound near the Stampede Pass interchange. During rock blasting closures a reopening time depends on the amount of debris that comes down and repairs to the highway. Drivers are encouraged to use exits before the closure points to access services. Drivers will not be able to access services once they arrive at the closure points.
Drivers will experience minor delays during the day and at night from Friday, Aug. 23 through Tuesday, Aug. 27 due to the closure of the eastbound truck-climbing lane near milepost 66. Drivers will still have access to two lanes.
Drivers will also experience delays due to multiple construction zones from North Bend to Ellensburg Monday, Aug. 26 through Thursday, Aug. 29.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to navigate over I-90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Take a look at what goes on during rock blasting closures
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511