Is your child turning 5 by Aug. 31? Time to think kindergarten.
Issaquah School District elementary schools will open kindergarten registration March 6 and 7.
Check out the times and locations for registration and open houses or kindergarten tours--many in February-- listed on the Issaquah School District Web Site to register at your school for fall 2013 kindergarten classes.
If you don't know which school you will attend next year, the Transportation Department can help. Call Gayle at (425) 837-6332 or Kathy at (425) 837-6334 or enter your home address into the Transportation Department's E-Link system to find your school.
Things to remember
- New kindergarten students must turn 5 years old by August 31, 2013.
- Parent identification, immunization records, and proof of birth date (birth certificate or passport) are required for registration along with a utility bill (gas, water, or electric) and ONE of the following:
- Home purchase papers or property tax statement
- Lease/Rental agreement (original)
- Notarized verification of proof of residence
- Students will not be registered until schools have received the required items.
Full day kindergarten lotteries
Parents who want to register students for the full day kindergarten lottery may do so at their neighborhood schools until 4:00 pm on Tuesday, March 12 provided that all required documents are received.
Full day kindergarten lotteries will be held on Wednesday, March 13. Lottery results will be available on Thursday, March 14. Parent observation of the lottery process is encouraged and welcome. Please check with your school about time and location of their lottery.
New kindergarteners are invited to ride a school bus at Kindergarten Bus Rides during the summer break.This popular event gives students and parents a chance to learn about school bus safety and etiquette, meet some of the bus drivers, and take a ride on a school bus. Go here for more kindergarten transportation and summer kindergarten bus ride details.
- For school-specific kindergarten questions, call your school office.
- For general district-related kindergarten questions, call Jane Tull in the Elementary Education Department at (425) 837-7025.
--Information from the Issaquah School District